Reviews - Villa Meli
Philippe, fr [Summer 2019]
We will come back soon!
- We stayed in Villa Meli, mid of October. In a warm weather we had an amazing time in Villa Meli, this top luxury modern villa with breathtaking views from every corner of the property. Everything was perfect, in a modern style. The linen were in high quality, and the bedrooms with bed-to-sea- views. We loved the outdoor bar and the amazing sunset. The owner took care of us, by arranging taxi from the airport and reserving dinners in the restaurants! Thank you for the warm hospitality, your villa is fantastic, we had a really peaceful time in a premium environment.
The Villa Meli promises so much and delivers in every sense of the word...
Perched elegantly on the side of a Kean hill facing north-west, the architecturally designed villa combines an excellent balance between a chic interior open-plan living area, four comfortable bedrooms and a private outdoor space situated on three levels orientated around the pool with glorious views of the Aegean. The interior is well appointed, equipped with the requisite amenities one would expect whilst reflecting the personal style, taste and sophistication of its owners, Olga and her daughter Sandra Maria. The multi-faceted exterior offers varied opportunities to relax and take in the beautiful views from the comfort of the available bar stools, sunbeds, couches, bean bags and pool recliner loungers. For sun lovers, the pool patio area is idyllic, especially during the afternoons. As for those who enjoy dining al fresco, the majestic dining table alongside the pool is a sheer pleasure. Our two week’s stay at Villa Meli was very comfortable and gratifying. The villa has been built and maintained with lots of pride and love that radiates so unequivocally, it made us feel as if we were in our own home. This sentiment was certainly reinforced by my initial dealings with Olga, who was excellent in how she managed the communication process and setting our minds at ease with respect to optimum land and sea transfers options, meet-and-greet by the manager Bill, car hire and check-in procedures. Between them, Olga and Bill, are so well connected in Kea they could literally organise every service one would require to enjoy a memorable vacation. A motor vehicle is required to access the villa but also necessary to enjoy the total island. The villa is well situated within striking distance of quality beaches, great restaurants and supermarkets, although it was a joy to relish in the tranquillity of Villa Meli. Olga, thank you for a memorable stay and efficient interface. It was a pleasure to get to know you. George & Collette
Olga, it was a pleasure to meet you and we certainly hope to see you again. We had a wonderful time in your beautiful home.
Here,the sky is the limit!
- Amazing views all ove the house, super clean, super trendy, super friendly ... super super super
Melinda W [03-Aug-2018]
The Most Amazing Villa with breathtaking views.
- We absolutely adored Villa Melli - it’s hard to describe how amazing the views are from the villa and the beauty of the area. The villa itself was immaculately clean, the appliances all new and modern, the beds very very comfortable and the decor fantastic. The pool area was incredible - in the evenings we would eat as the sun went down, often cooking in the outside hot plate and preferred to stay at the villa rather than go out as the colours when the sun went down and the view was breathtaking. Olga was so helpful, she organised all our transfers and ferries and even sorted out a quick trip to the Acropolis on our way home ! I would say the service is perfect at the villa, Olga was so quick to respond to any query but also gave us complete privacy. As a family of 6 with teenage children who love nature this was our perfect villa. Exceptional.
Paul & Frances [20-Aug-2018]
A beautiful villa with a stunning westerly view
- This is a beautiful villa with a stunning westerly view over the sea towards the mainland. So every evening closes with a magnificent sunset. It’s perched about 150m above seal level without anyone overlooking the villa; it is part of a small complex of three and Villa Mili looks down on the other two. The villa is comfortable to live in and is surrounded with Olga’s personal touches. She is a talented artist who has her lovely paintings hanging in each room. And with her keen eye for decoration which blends in naturally with the surroundings, the villa is very stylish. There was no shortages of sun beds, loungers and other break-out zones to find somewhere to relax. Shade can be found during most of the day - harder after mid afternoon though. Olga is rightly very proud of her lovely villa over which she gives much love and attention. She is also a very attentive and helpful host, helping to arrange all the connecting travel arrangements and our special needs and ensure that our stay went as smoothly as possible. Luckily she has a few more villas tucked away so if you don’t manage to book this one, she may have others to offer!
Excellent and splendid sea view combine with Greek hospitality and architecture!
- Splendid view! Excellent Villa! A Villa that match the Greek culture with the sea view which is breathtaking! The hostess Olga, always willing to serve us with fast responses to our every day needs! A must for couples and families which seeks privacy and calm :)
Ioannis Malogiannis [26-May-2017]
Wonderful villa, stunning views, amazing pool
- We stayed 3 nights at Olga's place. It is an amazing Aegean experience. The villa provides all the luxuries comforts someone would seek for his holiday. The pool area is spacious with absolute privacy and the sea-views are stunning! I would like to come back again and again to enjoy this atmosphere and the wonderful sunset! Moreover Olga is a perfect warm and hospitable host.
Anastasia M. [22-Jun-2017]
- A charming and aesthetically impressive villa with clean lines and modern design but in keeping with the island's architecture. We adored the outdoor space and especially the just-breathtaking sea view by the pool. Olga is a great hostess and every small detail of the Villa revealed her passion for architecture and decoration. If you are looking for peace and quiet in a lovely set up then this is the place for you.
Uwe G. [28-Aug-2017]
Amazing views and sunsets!
- The villa provides and lot of privacy, with nature all around and has spectacular sunset views (no photo can do it justice)! The entertainment area outside is cleverly designed, it is simply stunning and so inviting that you spend most of your time here. The house is fully equipped, even has a small bar fridge outside and pool towels are also provided in sufficient numbers. The setting on the island is ideal, one can go running on small nature trails in the morning, go to restaurants for lunch or dinner without having to drive far, a luxury we came to appreciate after we explored the entire island. The driveway to the villa is not for the faint-hearted (steep - but hence the uninterrupted views) This also became a habit after day 2 however. I would say that the villa is ideal for 6 people max. in order to enjoy rooms that have outside windows and a view. The island of Tzia and Villa Meli were an absultedelight, I hope I can return here again one day. :-)
Pantelis S. [25-Aug-2016]
Greek hospitality at its best Paradise on earth
- The stereotype dictates Greeks to be most hospitable, but the owner of this little property took hospitality to a whole new level. The property is stunning, almost too good to ever want to leave and explore the rest of the island. We loved the unobstructed view of the Aegean, the quietness and the privacy. Worth every single penny we spent!
corinne c. [15-Aug-2016]
idyllic place in kea
- beautiful house with great view and sunset! very well situated on the island, owner present and ready to help particularly loved the hamac by the swimming pool and the outside bed to watch the flying stars!
WONDERFUL STAY IN VILLA MELI
- It was the third time we spent one week in Olga's house. We really love this place. Everything was perfect as usual : very comfortable, welcoming house and island. We'll probably come back again...
- Dear Olga, thank you very much for a most memorable stay at your beautiful house in Kea. The house is as magical as the island itself. We found it to be a very peaceful and enchanting place where we could rest from the usually hectic life. We especially loved the outdoor of the house with the beautiful pool and the ver nice sitting area! The communication with you was great and very efficient. Thank you for that. Much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon. Stéphanie& Ben
Ekaterina , Moscow, Russia [24-Sep-2016]
We were happy!
- Our company of 6 persons had holidays from 14 till 21 Sep 2016. Villa is wonderful, fully equipped and has such useful things like umbrella to go to the beach. Hostess is incredibly hospitable and ready to assist on any occasion. View is marvelous. Next to the sea.Next to the port and to the shop. Good design villa. Pictures painted by Hostess with sea views are stunning. Pool is infinity.. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
jason l. [02-Sep-2015]
Perfect holiday villa in a really pretty location with great views. Kea is a lovely island, still fairly undeveloped and a how I remember Greece 20 years ago. Lovely local beeches too. Great experience all round with lots of help and advice from the wonderful owner. We will be certainly be going again. Thanks for a great holiday!
My Response Jason thank you for the kindness and respect to our home. my best regards to you lovely wife and kids.I wish you the happiness you deserve..
As a couple, we enjoyed our stay,mostly sitting outside and looking at the stunning view!!!The villa is sunny,verymodern,clean and cosy.
The pool is also perfect!We found two nice restaurants near seaside going on foot.Not far away, there is a big choice of all kinds of restaurants,bars and different kinds of shops.
Good location,perfectaccommodation,high quality service!!
A marvelous stay!!
A REAL GEM
My family and I had a really wonderful stay in this hidden gem in Kea island,for the Greek Orthodox Easter.Everything was very well organised for us,we had a warm welcome at the port,personally from the owner, we had local wine wanting for us in the villa and very many recommendations about restaurants, bars shopping etc...
The villa itself was just stunning,with great views, clean and modern(the villa is brand knew), our preferred corner was the outdoor bar-kitchen and the nearby colourful pool.
The kitchen had all modern equipments and the linen were of excellent quality. Bio soaps and shampoos were given something we did appreciated a lot!!!The nearest village Vourkari was 5 min drive, we had some dinners in a traditional Greek restaurant, but we almost spend all of our time staying in the villa,with a glass of wine adoring the unbelievable sunsets from every corner.Finally this villa rental was our best choice.Luxury, privacy and excellent environment.We had all we really wanted and much more!!!!!
Recommended for: Pet-friendly, Sightseeing, Romantic Getaway, Families with Teenagers
Stunning villa with great views
- With my family we had a wonderful and relaxed stay in this simply stunning new villa Meli. We found everything we wanted, to make our holidays just perfect. We loved the modern and high quality furnishing and appliances but most of all we loved the outdoor large table and kitchen-bar which made our life very easy, having lunch and diner overlooking the sea. The sunsets were just magic. Thanks to Olga we could visit the best beaches and restaurants of the near village of Vourkari, just 5 minutes drive. Otzias, the near beach was perfect for the kids. We rent a car and visited also very authentic beautiful areas. We are looking forward to come back here as soon as possible!
Wonderful villa in Kea, with breathtaking views. It is a new villa with quality construction and great design. No too big not too small with great outside areas for relaxing, swimming, mixing/enjoying a drink at the bar, sunbathing or just watching the sun set in the afternoon. The villa is in a very convenient place on the island close to Vourkari (bars and restaurants), walking distance to an unorganised beach, or a couple of minutes drive to an organised beach. The owner was very helpful and considerate. Highly recommended. Car needed.
Recommended for: Families with Young Children, Pet-friendly
There is only one word to describe the villa and that is Amazing!!!!
It was just right for us and our 3 girls (14,18,26) with all the facilities you would need. Great contemporary designed villa with well planned space, inside and out. As for the sunsets and views from the pool and terrace they are breath taking towards the mainland of Greece. Definitely a place to recharge your batteries.
Kea is a lovely island with plenty to do and the best thing is that it is not plagued by tourists. The nearby beaches are lovely as are the local tavernas which made the holiday even better. What is particularly special is it is only a 30 min drive to the port from the airport, 50 min ferry crossing and then you are there in 10 minutes.
The owner is lovely and made us really welcome and helped us with any thing we wanted to do. Olga was a star !
Hire a 4 wheeldrive to visit the island as some of the best beaches are down some challenging tracks. Or if you dontwant to drive walk down to the secret beach near the villa - lovely clear waters.
Will definitely go again and we love the island . - Have fun !
Steve and Amanda
Nicosia [Aug 2013]
- What a place to stay. Amazing view, wonderful house. All the accommodations anyone can ask for. The famous Greek hospitality and friendship at it's very best! Olga is a person who can make a night wonderful and our vacations something to remember for a lifetime. Olga thank you for everything. Hope to see you soon. Maria and andreas.
Athens [Sep 2013]
Escape to paradise!
- This villa was more than expected. Spacious , rooms very comfortable with windows to spectacular sea views. Luxurious bath linen and organic soaps were provided. The outdoor area was fantastic with breathtaking views. We especially liked the outdoor bar, full of all kind of drinks, where we spend the most of our time. We were running every morning to the near beach Kefala, an unspoiled sandy isolated small beach, 15 min walking from the villa. The owner was very helpful and advised us for many restaurants and beaches. Easy to get anywhere in the island from here. What was a real help was the thorough cleaning service provided every day and specially the meals that were cooked for us in the villa..We definitely recommend this villa for relaxed and luxury vacations. It is an escape to Paradise
LocationVillas in Kea, Otzias
Cyclades Islands, Greece